This major new report from CAT presents an alternative energy strategy for the UK.
It is very well researched and proposes a practical plan for total decarbonisation of the UK energy supply by 2030. It notes that in the UK we need to move faster and sooner than most current plans – it takes account of the embodied energy in our imports and also recognises that nations like ours need to cut more than those still trying to catch up in terms of basic prosperity.
It is also an excellent resource. £40 to buy but here is a (large) download.
- About “A Green Deal for the Manchester-Mersey Bioregion” – main report and introduction
- Concepts for Bioregional Development
- Contact us
- Getting Started on the Economy
- Our pamphlets
- Relevant Reports – key background reading
- Sustainability: Utopian and Scientific
- The Manchester-Mersey Bioregion – and the bioregional concept.