We are living in an ecological emergency and an economic crisis. This pamphlet brings together three contributions to what will have to become an ambitious but alternative strategy for real change in the way we all live. The three essays printed here start from the recognition that endless economic growth is not possible. Getting Started on the Economy also points to the incoherence of competition in the global economy as a national or regional economic strategy, sets out some alternative principles for building the replacement economy and suggests priorities for activists to help bring them about. Sustainability, Utopian and Scientific offers a constructive critique of what has become mainstream green economic thinking. Concepts for Bioregional Development is an attempt to synthesise a new integrated vocabulary for the new economics of social and ecological justice. It should be read in conjunction with our first pamphlet: A Green Deal for Manchester-Mersey Bioregion.
- About “A Green Deal for the Manchester-Mersey Bioregion” – main report and introduction
- Concepts for Bioregional Development
- Contact us
- Getting Started on the Economy
- Our pamphlets
- Relevant Reports – key background reading
- Sustainability: Utopian and Scientific
- The Manchester-Mersey Bioregion – and the bioregional concept.